The question cannot be answered briefly and clearly, because various factors are decisive in the choice. Who votes and according to what criteria? Respondents who focus their selection in the area of culture will vote differently than shopping fans or supporters of architectural masterpieces. These and many other areas give a city “that certain something”, an atmosphere and an unmistakable face. Capital of culture, a huge melting pot, a breathtaking skyline or the largest shopping zone, many cities have a uniqueness to offer that immediately casts its spell on every visitor.
Some of the 10 most beautiful cities in the world can also be found in Europe
In almost every relevant ranking, the cities of Florence, Barcelona. Called Venice and Paris. According to criteria of art, culture and history, these cities are high in the popularity list of visitors.
The French capital Paris has much more to offer than the world-famous Eiffel Tower. Over 1,800 monuments and over 170 museums make Paris a unique cultural heritage site. Catholic buildings and places of worship of Hinduism and Buddhism are just as worth seeing as the large Jewish synagogue and several Islamic mosques.
Venice, located in northeastern Italy, is unique in the world. The lagoon city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Strongly influenced by Byzantine culture since the Middle Ages, Venice offers an idiosyncratic mix of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque in terms of art and culture.
Florence is located in Tuscany and is one of the most famous cities in Italy. The once richest city in Europe, known as the cradle of the Renaissance, combines art, culture, architecture and modern economy in an impressive way.
The Catalan city of Barcelona is also the second largest city in Spain and is located on the Mediterranean Sea. It is one of the most densely populated cities in Europe and still offers numerous architectural testimonies to its glorious past as a royal and trading city in medieval Spain.
Outside of Europe
New York – it is impossible to imagine the list of the 10 most beautiful cities in the world without the name. The American city of superlatives is a unique melting pot of different cultures, races, mentalities and nationalities. A worldwide unique example of a climate of tolerance and freedom.
Nicknames of U.S. 50 States
Riga, the capital of Latvia, is not only a cultural capital but a multicultural Hanseatic city. In its eventful history, the city has been a trading center between East and West for centuries. Many Art Nouveau buildings and the particularly well-preserved old town give Riga an unmistakable atmosphere.
Istanbul, too, as the only metropolis in the world on two continents, has a lot to offer its visitors. As the most populous city in Turkey, Istanbul can look back on 2,600 years of history. Witnesses of ancient, medieval, modern and modern architectural styles shape the unique cityscape.
A specialty among the 10 most beautiful cities in the world is Chiang Mai. The culturally important city is located in northern Thailand and is the center of Thai handicrafts and wood processing. Especially the natural beauty of the surroundings, the more than 200 Buddhist temples in the city and the cityscape with its countless bridges and moats make Chiang Mai so special.
Buenos Aires in Argentina and Vancouver in Canada should also be mentioned in these top 10. The capital of Argentina is also the center of culture, economy and administration of the country. Architectural sights, modern buildings and high-rise buildings combine here to form an interesting mixture.
Vancouver, on the west coast of Canada, is famous for a unique skyline. A multicultural society has emerged in the comparatively very young city, and according to surveys, the quality of life in Vancouver is rated as particularly high.
- America Continent Overview
- Austria Destinations
- Austria Mountain Scenery and Culture
- Austria Travel Guide
- Beach Holidays in Oceania
- Best Travel Time for Mauritius
- Climate and Weather in Croatia
- Climate in India
- Climate in Philippines
- Diverse Georgia
- Georgia Destinations
- Green Ireland
- Iceland a Land of Fire and Ice
- Italy Destinations
- Italy for Life and Mediterranean Flavors
- Nature Culture and Sports Canada
- Peru a Journey Through Time
- Peru Travel Package
- South Africa The Rainbow Nation
- Swedish Destinations
- The Best of Iceland
- The Best of Ireland
- The Best of Italy
- United Kingdom an Interesting Island Destination
- United Kingdom Attractions
- Zimbabwe Economy
- Sierra Nevada, Spain November 29, 2022 - Sierra Nevada is the southernmost ski resort in Europe, located 37 kilometers from Granada. In clear weather, its peaks offer a view of the Mediterranean Sea, beyond which the outlines… Read more
- Estoril, Portugal November 22, 2022 - According to wholevehicles, Estoril is a trendy resort with many beaches, old churches, an abundance of restaurants and shops. In addition, it is a major center of the gambling and… Read more
- Sights of Wallonia, Belgium November 15, 2022 - There are many places of interest in Wallonia. it is therefore difficult to put together a top ten without having the feeling that at least ten have been forgotten. We… Read more
- Wyoming – Equality State August 24, 2022 - Wyoming Information Wyoming, abbreviation WY, is a state in the mountainous region of the western United States of America. It is one of the larger but least populous states. Wyoming's… Read more
- Wisconsin – Badger State August 24, 2022 - Wisconsin Information Wisconsin, abbreviation WI, is a state in the central north of the United States of America. The State is named after the Wisconsin River, which flows through the… Read more
- West Virginia – Mountain State August 24, 2022 - West Virginia Information West Virginia, abbreviation WV, is a state in the eastern United States of America. The State is located west of the State of Virginia. Virginia's nickname is,… Read more
- Washington – Evergreen State August 24, 2022 - Information Washington Washington, abbreviation WA, is a state in the northwest of the United States of America, on the coast of the Pacific Ocean. This state should not be confused… Read more
- Virginia – Old Dominion August 24, 2022 - Information Virginia Virginia, abbreviation, VA, is a state on the east coast of the United States of America. The nickname of the State is “the Old Dominion”. Virginia is one… Read more
- Vermont – Green Mountain State August 24, 2022 - Information Vermont Vermont, abbreviation VT, is a small state in the northeastern United States of America. The state's nickname is "the Green Mountain State", after the Green Mountains that run… Read more
- Utah – Beehive State August 24, 2022 - Utah Information Utah, abbreviated UT, is the State of America nicknamed “the Beehive State”. This name symbolizes the state's industry and the way its inhabitants work together. Salt Lake City… Read more