The question cannot be answered briefly and clearly, because various factors are decisive in the choice. Who votes and according to what criteria? Respondents who focus their selection in the area of culture will vote differently than shopping fans or supporters of architectural masterpieces. These and many other areas give a city “that certain something”, an atmosphere and an unmistakable face. Capital of culture, a huge melting pot, a breathtaking skyline or the largest shopping zone, many cities have a uniqueness to offer that immediately casts its spell on every visitor.
Some of the 10 most beautiful cities in the world can also be found in Europe
In almost every relevant ranking, the cities of Florence, Barcelona. Called Venice and Paris. According to criteria of art, culture and history, these cities are high in the popularity list of visitors.
The French capital Paris has much more to offer than the world-famous Eiffel Tower. Over 1,800 monuments and over 170 museums make Paris a unique cultural heritage site. Catholic buildings and places of worship of Hinduism and Buddhism are just as worth seeing as the large Jewish synagogue and several Islamic mosques.
Venice, located in northeastern Italy, is unique in the world. The lagoon city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Strongly influenced by Byzantine culture since the Middle Ages, Venice offers an idiosyncratic mix of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque in terms of art and culture.
Florence is located in Tuscany and is one of the most famous cities in Italy. The once richest city in Europe, known as the cradle of the Renaissance, combines art, culture, architecture and modern economy in an impressive way.
The Catalan city of Barcelona is also the second largest city in Spain and is located on the Mediterranean Sea. It is one of the most densely populated cities in Europe and still offers numerous architectural testimonies to its glorious past as a royal and trading city in medieval Spain.
Outside of Europe
New York – it is impossible to imagine the list of the 10 most beautiful cities in the world without the name. The American city of superlatives is a unique melting pot of different cultures, races, mentalities and nationalities. A worldwide unique example of a climate of tolerance and freedom.
Riga, the capital of Latvia, is not only a cultural capital but a multicultural Hanseatic city. In its eventful history, the city has been a trading center between East and West for centuries. Many Art Nouveau buildings and the particularly well-preserved old town give Riga an unmistakable atmosphere.
Istanbul, too, as the only metropolis in the world on two continents, has a lot to offer its visitors. As the most populous city in Turkey, Istanbul can look back on 2,600 years of history. Witnesses of ancient, medieval, modern and modern architectural styles shape the unique cityscape.
A specialty among the 10 most beautiful cities in the world is Chiang Mai. The culturally important city is located in northern Thailand and is the center of Thai handicrafts and wood processing. Especially the natural beauty of the surroundings, the more than 200 Buddhist temples in the city and the cityscape with its countless bridges and moats make Chiang Mai so special.
Buenos Aires in Argentina and Vancouver in Canada should also be mentioned in these top 10. The capital of Argentina is also the center of culture, economy and administration of the country. Architectural sights, modern buildings and high-rise buildings combine here to form an interesting mixture.
Vancouver, on the west coast of Canada, is famous for a unique skyline. A multicultural society has emerged in the comparatively very young city, and according to surveys, the quality of life in Vancouver is rated as particularly high.
- America Continent Overview
- Austria Destinations
- Austria Mountain Scenery and Culture
- Austria Travel Guide
- Beach Holidays in Oceania
- Best Travel Time for Mauritius
- Climate and Weather in Croatia
- Climate in India
- Climate in Philippines
- Diverse Georgia
- Georgia Destinations
- Green Ireland
- Iceland a Land of Fire and Ice
- Italy Destinations
- Italy for Life and Mediterranean Flavors
- Nature Culture and Sports Canada
- Peru a Journey Through Time
- Peru Travel Package
- South Africa The Rainbow Nation
- Swedish Destinations
- The Best of Iceland
- The Best of Ireland
- The Best of Italy
- United Kingdom an Interesting Island Destination
- United Kingdom Attractions
- Zimbabwe Economy
- Death Valley National Park in California August 9, 2022 - In the shadow of the Sierra Nevada Death Valley National Park is located California - USA. Every year up to 850,000 visitors come to the desert-like protected area in the… Read more
- Yazd, Iran History August 2, 2022 - Yazd arose around the year 1000 BCE and was initially called Issatis (or Ysatis ). The current name of the city could go back to the Persian Great King Yazdegerd… Read more
- United Arab Emirates Fast Facts July 26, 2022 - The United Arab Emirates border directly on Oman and Saudi Arabia as well as on the coast of the Persian Gulf. The country in the Middle East attracts travelers and… Read more
- Slovenia Fast Facts July 19, 2022 - Slovenia is located in Central Europe, bordering Austria, Hungary, Croatia and Italy. Magnificent landscapes, the beautiful Adriatic coast, the hospitality of the people and a surprising diversity have been captivating… Read more
- Samoa Fast Facts July 12, 2022 - Samoa is a tropical island country in the Pacific and is part of Oceania. Not yet discovered by mass tourism, there is a lot of original culture and beautiful nature… Read more
- Ironwood Forest National Monument in Arizona July 5, 2022 - The colour purple According to iamaccepted, Ironwood is the name given to the shrub-like tree that gave the National Monument its name. The Ironwood, which gives its name to the… Read more
- Central Coast of California June 28, 2022 - Off Highway 1 - Mid Pacific Coast On California's mid-Pacific coast, Big Sur, with its rugged cliffs, and Carmel-by-the-Sea are arguably the most well-known Central Coast settlements off Highway Number… Read more
- Spring Reserve, USA June 21, 2022 - Spring Reserve (USA) - description, history, location. Exact address, phone number, website. Reviews of tourists, photos and videos. To the west of Las Vegas, in the middle of the hot… Read more
- The Sights of Arizona June 14, 2022 - Landmarks of Arizona. The most important and interesting sights of Arizona - photos and videos, descriptions and reviews, location, sites. Antelope Canyon Antelope Canyon (Arizona, USA) - exact location, interesting… Read more
- Entertainment and Attractions in Minneapolis, Minnesota June 7, 2022 - In addition, outdoor walks can be combined with contemplation of the surrounding flora or human creations (sculptures, monuments and other compositions) in the Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden, Minnehaha Park, Lake… Read more