The question cannot be answered briefly and clearly, because various factors are decisive in the choice. Who votes and according to what criteria? Respondents who focus their selection in the area of culture will vote differently than shopping fans or supporters of architectural masterpieces. These and many other areas give a city “that certain something”, an atmosphere and an unmistakable face. Capital of culture, a huge melting pot, a breathtaking skyline or the largest shopping zone, many cities have a uniqueness to offer that immediately casts its spell on every visitor.
Some of the 10 most beautiful cities in the world can also be found in Europe
In almost every relevant ranking, the cities of Florence, Barcelona. Called Venice and Paris. According to criteria of art, culture and history, these cities are high in the popularity list of visitors.
The French capital Paris has much more to offer than the world-famous Eiffel Tower. Over 1,800 monuments and over 170 museums make Paris a unique cultural heritage site. Catholic buildings and places of worship of Hinduism and Buddhism are just as worth seeing as the large Jewish synagogue and several Islamic mosques.
Venice, located in northeastern Italy, is unique in the world. The lagoon city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Strongly influenced by Byzantine culture since the Middle Ages, Venice offers an idiosyncratic mix of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque in terms of art and culture.
Florence is located in Tuscany and is one of the most famous cities in Italy. The once richest city in Europe, known as the cradle of the Renaissance, combines art, culture, architecture and modern economy in an impressive way.
The Catalan city of Barcelona is also the second largest city in Spain and is located on the Mediterranean Sea. It is one of the most densely populated cities in Europe and still offers numerous architectural testimonies to its glorious past as a royal and trading city in medieval Spain.
Outside of Europe
New York – it is impossible to imagine the list of the 10 most beautiful cities in the world without the name. The American city of superlatives is a unique melting pot of different cultures, races, mentalities and nationalities. A worldwide unique example of a climate of tolerance and freedom.
Riga, the capital of Latvia, is not only a cultural capital but a multicultural Hanseatic city. In its eventful history, the city has been a trading center between East and West for centuries. Many Art Nouveau buildings and the particularly well-preserved old town give Riga an unmistakable atmosphere.
Istanbul, too, as the only metropolis in the world on two continents, has a lot to offer its visitors. As the most populous city in Turkey, Istanbul can look back on 2,600 years of history. Witnesses of ancient, medieval, modern and modern architectural styles shape the unique cityscape.
A specialty among the 10 most beautiful cities in the world is Chiang Mai. The culturally important city is located in northern Thailand and is the center of Thai handicrafts and wood processing. Especially the natural beauty of the surroundings, the more than 200 Buddhist temples in the city and the cityscape with its countless bridges and moats make Chiang Mai so special.
Buenos Aires in Argentina and Vancouver in Canada should also be mentioned in these top 10. The capital of Argentina is also the center of culture, economy and administration of the country. Architectural sights, modern buildings and high-rise buildings combine here to form an interesting mixture.
Vancouver, on the west coast of Canada, is famous for a unique skyline. A multicultural society has emerged in the comparatively very young city, and according to surveys, the quality of life in Vancouver is rated as particularly high.
- America Continent Overview
- Austria Destinations
- Austria Mountain Scenery and Culture
- Austria Travel Guide
- Beach Holidays in Oceania
- Best Travel Time for Mauritius
- Climate and Weather in Croatia
- Climate in India
- Climate in Philippines
- Diverse Georgia
- Georgia Destinations
- Green Ireland
- Iceland a Land of Fire and Ice
- Italy Destinations
- Italy for Life and Mediterranean Flavors
- Nature Culture and Sports Canada
- Peru a Journey Through Time
- Peru Travel Package
- South Africa The Rainbow Nation
- Swedish Destinations
- The Best of Iceland
- The Best of Ireland
- The Best of Italy
- United Kingdom an Interesting Island Destination
- United Kingdom Attractions
- Zimbabwe Economy
- British Overseas Territories May 10, 2022 - Overview Residents of the far-flung islands that make up the British Overseas Territories enjoy the same rights as residents of Gibraltar and the Falkland Islands. This includes British citizenship and… Read more
- Lima, Peru During Republican Era May 3, 2022 - A combined expedition of Argentine and Chilean independentistas led by Argentine General José de San Martín landed south of Lima in 1820, but did not attack the city. Faced with a naval… Read more
- Geography of Slovenia April 26, 2022 - General information about Slovenia The official name is the Republic of Slovenia (Republika Slovenija). It is located in the southern part of Central Europe, in the northeast of the Mediterranean.… Read more
- Geography of France April 19, 2022 - General information about France The official name is the French Republic (Republique Francaise, French Republic). Located in the western part of Europe. The area is 547 thousand km2, the population… Read more
- Gombe Stream National Park, Tanzania April 12, 2022 - Gombe Stream National Park Gombe Stream is the smallest national park in Tanzania, it was established in 1968 to protect the chimpanzees inhabiting it and became famous thanks to Jane… Read more
- Salta and Puerto Madryn, Argentina April 5, 2022 - Salta The Argentinean province of Salta, located in the northwest of the country, attracts many tourists every year due to its natural beauty and historical sites. In the west of… Read more
- Great Britain History and Culture March 29, 2022 - A bit of history The name of the country comes from the English Great Britain - Great Britain, and Britain - from the name of the British tribe. In the… Read more
- History of Barcelona, Spain March 22, 2022 - Population The population of the city of Barcelona proper is 1,621,537 (2009), but Barcelona does not end with just the urban part. In the Barcelona metropolitan area, the so-called Greater… Read more
- One World Trade Center March 15, 2022 - The terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, which claimed almost 3,000 victims and completely destroyed the World Trade Center in New York City, will not be forgotten. In the meantime,… Read more
- Myanmar Economy and Politics 2005 March 8, 2022 - HUMAN AND ECONOMIC GEOGRAPHY State of Southeast Asia. At the last census, which dates back to 1983, the population was 35,307,913 residents, while according to a 2005 estimate it was… Read more